I recently made this Elote – Mexican street corn dish and it was a huge hit with everyone who tried it! This is a perfect appetizer with tortilla chips or it can be served as a side dish. I plan on making this again for Cinco de Mayo.
- 3+ cups of corn – I used frozen because I had it, but canned or fresh would work
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1+ jalapenos diced
- 1 block of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp+ of seasoning – I used Trader Joe’s Everything But the Elote. Costco has a great chili lime seasoning that is comparable, tajin would work or even taco seasoning.
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 c of feta or cotija cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix everything except the cilantro, tomato, and feta in an oven-safe baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Stir corn mixture, then add cilantro, tomatoes, and feta/cotija cheese. Serve warm with tortilla chips or as a casserole.